May 13, 2020
Library Update – May 12, 2020
The staff at Fraser River Middle School recognize that daily reading is essential for building strong literacy skills and the habit of life-long learning. To facilitate daily reading, we are offering students the opportunity to check out books during this time of remote learning.
Book Request Procedure
- Go to Destiny and click on your school. You will be redirected to your school’s library catalog.
- Search for the books you’d like to check out.
- Email your selections to your teacher-librarian, Jen Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include:
- student’s name
- title and call number of the book
Students with current overdue items will be asked to return their books before checking out new items. Students will be allowed to check out two books at a time.
Book Pick-up Procedure
Book requests will be available for pick up from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the FRMS front entrance. Books will be in bags labeled with the student’s first name and last initial on a table. Cones will be placed 2 m from the pick-up table to ensure that physical distancing is maintained. For safety considerations, we will be unable to fill impromptu book requests during pick up times.
Book Return Procedure
Book return will be from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Upon returning books please DO NOT BAG THEM and place the books in the marked bins under the table at the FRMS front entrance. Please stay within the cones that are placed 2 m from the pick-up table to ensure that physical distancing is maintained.
We are asking that books be returned during these times only. Please do not touch books that others have been placed in this bin.
- May 12th: Starting sending book request emails:
- May 19th: First book pick up and return date:
Book requests must be received a minimum of 48 hours before the pick up times.
Ms. J. Harrison